metabolic detoxification

Tonight ends day 7. Days 5-7 were the toughest days with the highest frequency of the concoction and limited food ‘allowed.’ But I did it. There’s two more days to go (reintroduction).

Last night [Wednesday], after I’d posted already, I found out that the bathroom remodel would feature the removal of my toilet from Friday afternoon through Sunday evening. Um, what? That’s right. He’s got to do the floor so there you have it. After a moment of panic, I thought and remembered that my friend from work offered me her guest house in Pt. Loma. I talked to her today and it’s on.


It’s now Saturday, day 9. My writing was interrupted on Thursday when I almost had a panic attack because I thought I’d lost the key to my friend’s guest house. After frantic searching of the house, the car, my clothes, and even driving back to the restaurant where I’d had dinner, and getting so keyed up there was no way I could fall asleep, I found the key. Whew! It was in my jeans. The clothes I had searched earlier were the pair of jeans that I thought I had been wearing. Can you tell that my head’s not quite right? Jeez.

Anyway, as I had been saying, I’ll be staying the weekend in Beth’s guest house in Pt. Loma. I went over to see it on Thursday evening and got the key. Afterward, I stopped at Bay Park Fish Co. and had the grilled fish salad with fresh halibut. That was a pricy salad, but it was good.

I don’t know if I’ve mentioned my sleeping with Han gone. It hasn’t been great, well, once I fall asleep it’s fine, but it’s hard for me to fall asleep. One night, maybe Wednesday, I didn’t get to sleep until 3 am. Yikes. Thursday night, I went to bed around 12:30 am.

Friday morning, I cut up the strawberries I’d purchased (days 5-7 the only fruit you can eat is apples, pears, and avocados), and sprinkled them with cinnamon (they were so good!). I packed apple juice and 2 scoops of the concoction. Day 8 went from 4x down to 3x a day for the drink. I planned to go home after work to get all packed up for the weekend.

Work is crazy. I get on a roll getting stuff done, then I go to a meeting, and there’s another 30 emails to answer. Hopefully I can get it managed sooner than later. For lunch, I went to Rubio’s and had their grilled mahi mahi tacos (I didn’t eat the tortillas) and black beans.

After work, I went home around 6:30 pm. Doug was just packing his stuff up. I took my time getting my stuff  together. Thinking through what I might need. I also had to get apple juice and something for dinner. I left my place around 8 pm or so. I stopped at Keil’s for some organic pure apple juice. For dinner? Back to Rubio’s for their new California Bowl. It’s lettuce, citrus rice, guacamole, pico de gallo, black beans, and I chose to have grilled salmon on top. It was really good. Really big, too. I took it to Chez Beth and ate it under the ceiling fan and watched “Titanic.” I still love that movie.

Chez Beth is cute. It’s a rustic, cabin looking place. It’s set behind her house and it’s lower than her house so you can’t see it from the street in front of her house. There’s an alley behind her house, and there’s a gate from the alley to the guest house, so I don’t have to bother them at all. There’s a living area when you walk in with a couch (that’s a sleeper sofa) and a couple chairs. There’s a small color TV with basic cable. There’s a small kitchen area that has a sink, microwave, and a mini-fridge. The bathroom has a tub and shower, and it’s very cute in blues and whites. There’s also a closet and a small bedroom, but there’s no bed. She offered the air mattress, but I chose the sleeper sofa. It seems just slightly bigger than Mom & Dad’s. But she has this super thick mattress pad to add to it that made it super comfy. I’m so grateful to be able to stay there. It’s so nice of her and her family.

I slept pretty good last night thankfully. I realized that it’s a little bit of a stay cation, so I’m going to try and treat it that way. This morning, I got up and FB messaged with Han for a bit. He’s in Bury tonight, playing at The Met. For breakfast, I had a mango and an avocado. I also had my concoction. I only have to have it twice today, and that’s it! I took a shower and headed to acupuncture.

Rebecca said my skin looked great. 🙂 As for the vasculitis, it’s still sticking around, though it doesn’t seem as “angry” to use Rebecca’s word. That’s what she’s trying to do. Help out my energy so my body doesn’t have to work so hard to fight this thing. We agreed that this round of the cleanse will be done after today, but that I should be cognizant of what I put in my body now and how it affects me. We also agreed that I should do the oral steroids next to try to break the cycle. She said that it will most likely clear up the skin, but it won’t take care of what’s going on inside to help it not come back. She said to carefully pay attention to my body during the steroid treatment. After I’m done with that, she thinks I should take a break for about 10-15 days, then do this same cleanse a second time to help get rid of any residual steroid gunk and help to maintain what I started with this first round. I’m good with that advice. I go in next week to have my stitches out. It’s just supposed to be a nurse’s visit, but I’ll ask them if I can speak to the derm so I don’t have to make another appointment. The acupuncture treatment itself was awesome. Man, what it does for me is just a miracle.

After acupuncture, I messaged with Han a bit more. He’s been good about posting photos and videos on FB. These places he’s seeing are so incredible! He seems to be having a good time; the gigs are going well, too.

I headed back to Pt. Loma with lunch in mind and finding somewhere with wifi. That’s the one drawback of Chez Beth. No wifi. I landed at the Living Room coffee house. I ordered the chicken curry salad (chicken’s back!) and found a table upstairs. It’s a funky place, old and mismatched furniture, couches, different size tables. But it’s just what I was looking for. I was thinking about a movie but I think I’ll do that tomorrow morning. Then I have my reading at Java Joe’s tomorrow afternoon.

Lunch was good, and I’ve been writing this blog. Now, I think I’ll look for a book or something to load to my Kindle. I’ll head to Fresh & Easy to get some water and see if there’s anything else I might need. I’ll spend the rest of the day and evening at Chez Beth, relaxing, reading, watching TV, maybe I’ll go for a walk later. It’s Pride weekend here in San Diego so I wish all my LGBT friends much love. My sister is off to her fabulous family vacation at Isla Mujeres. She has a happy place, and I’m so glad for her. Until next time!


2 Comments Add yours

  1. Mia says:

    I have followed your whole journey with the cleansing. It’s so interesting and it seems you’re feeling better. Good job sticking to this all this time! I am so sorry I weren’t able to go and see Jeff in England 😦 I had planned to maybe do that but there is so much going on right now and I couldn’t make it.
    I do hope he will come back or maybe even to Sweden. I will for certain go then! And if he will come here and play I do hope you will be able to come too so you can visit me and my family. You know you have an open invitation to come here, you would be so welcome. And as I told Sandy it isn’t that expensive anymore. You can go direct flight from LAX to Stockholm with Norwegian (or with stop in Copenhagen and then further on) at a cost between SEK 6000-11000 for 2 people. That is a good price I think ($850)
    Take care and please continue writing about the detoxification and how you feel.
    Love you
    Puss och kram från
    moster Mia 🙂

  2. mamacita says:

    How are you feeling? more energetic? I think it’s probably a good idea if you think it works to repeat it again after a few weeks like your acupuncturist said.
    I am also glad you had a place to go while they are remodeling, It’s a bit of a pain, but it’s also nice to have a change of airs 🙂
    How did the reading go?
    Besos, mama

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s